First Band Promo :)

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All comments and critiques please and thank you. I had a great time shooting them. Very fun to work with and we joked around a lot.

20070814_7656.jpg

20070814_7746.jpg

20070814_7752.jpg

20070814_7685.jpg

20070814_7672.jpg

20070814_7818.jpg

20070814_7799.jpg

20070814_7732.jpg

Oh my god they are young! Just some comments about promo shooting for a band, people normally like to see the members of the band. In this regard images 4 5 and 8 would not meet this requirement. But they are great images in their own regard.

Images 6 and 7 it's a pity that not all the band members are in focus. With 7 it's a bit hard to do that given the wide DOF though. (maybe 2 images overlayed with different focal points or something.

Images 1 and 3 are by far the best in my opinion. 1 showing the band in a classic band style shoot. A bunch of guys in an urban setting, with the drummer reaffirming they are a band. And 3 just for the pure comedy of it :D

They're not that young... at least to me who is also 17 :lol:

At first I was a little concerened you couldn't see all of the members in some but then again I remembered some classic shots (Like on of "The Band" where they have their backs to you) where you cant see everyone. If they couple the shots with another in a cd book or something they can work better.

I realize now I should have tried to have a larger DOF to get them all in. I really need to get a wider lens (all shot with 50mm) so I can get a lot closer and easily get everyone in. I was constantly struggling to fit everyone in frame and not get run over by cars.

Thank you :)

Personally, and take this with a grain of salt I think the only useable one would be #7 and mabye #6. Unless you were trying to get them to look away or off to the side I think this deserves a re-shoot because they seem like a very photogenic group.

DeepSpring- I'm constantly so impressed with your photos. When I check out a topic I look at the photos first, comments and then who made the photos. Time after time, I am amazed to see that you're the one that is producing these original pics. Nice job. I might have to borrow your style sometime.

Thanks a lot Megan, and everyone else who comments on me pictures. It definitely has helped me and it is just so great :D

It's actually 4 but one of them showed up late and then another one had to leave early so I just had to work with who I had...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back