First Barn Shot

Goldeeno

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
goldeeno.zoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive noticed how barns provide great shots for B+W, and run down buildings, i spotted this on the way to work yesturday, so stopped by this morning. My first ever shot of a barn in B+W... Any tips...

The sky and lighting today was a bit naff, it was like a grey sheet with no detail, so i messed about with that.

Ive put a post in the Graphic Problems section, to see if anyone can help me with the sky.

IMG_3937ee.jpg

Ive noticed how barns provide great shots for B+W, and run down buildings, i spotted this on the way to work yesturday, so stopped by this morning. My first ever shot of a barn in B+W... Any tips...

The sky and lighting today was a bit naff, it was like a grey sheet with no detail, so i messed about with that.

Ive put a post in the Graphic Problems section, to see if anyone can help me with the sky.

I agree. Back in the Midwest we would call that a "swayback" barn. I think you did a great job shooting it.

Cheers, i might just got back tomorrow on the way to work and hope for better skies, thanks for the comment.

There is not only a problem with the sky, there are no bright tones on this photo. Strange. Was it intentional? Did you used any filter (red, yellow?)

What happens, if you do an "auto-histogram"?

Otherwise, the photo is nice, the barn communicates a kind of relaxing feeling.

There is not only a problem with the sky, there are no bright tones on this photo. Strange. Was it intentional? Did you used any filter (red, yellow?)

What happens, if you do an "auto-histogram"?

Otherwise, the photo is nice, the barn communicates a kind of relaxing feeling.

Erm i dunno lol, 1) i dont know what you mean, and 2) i dunno how ive done it. The sky has been very low in detail and quite a dense grey sheet, would that have done it? What can i do to incrase the bright tones, its thats whats made the sky flat? No filters used etc, just Canon 350d and 18-55mm lens.

I dunno how to auto histogram, i found this in photoshop???
Untitled-1copy-3.jpg

Half of the picture is sky? That makes it hard to attend to the barn.

Rusty Tripod

Most reactions

Back