First bird shot

lkWinnipesaukee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

This is my first shot like this, so I was just looking for some input. I just saw a bird on a fence, zoomed in, and shot it.

Any suggestions for the future?

Thanks.

423641909_924c181712.jpg

get closer if you can, either by moving or using a longer focal length. Also a different composition may help instead of putting the bird dead center.

on the plus side the fence provides a great diagonal adding some dynamics to the photo

Also, embed that image with some [ img ] [ /img ] tags (without the spaces though and the link in between the tags)

The diagonal line is very much on the strong side of this photo. The centred little sparrow is not, and I understand you had your lens extended to the max already for this?
Well, it hardly ever works with me, but then we have other bird photography experts on here who somehow know how to stalk these little fly-aways so they get them to really fill their frames. I admire them for that!
As it is, though, there is very little bird in very wide a frame...
I like the way the background is blurred, nice bokeh!
Is it a scanned print?
Could you consider cropping it?

Oh, and by the way: I edited your link so the photo now shows within your thread: never also copy the ?v=0 after the .jpg-extension, make sure your link always ends in .jpg and no more. OK? ;)

The hardest task in wild life photography is patience to get close enough ( the best ) or you need an extreme tele lens ( still requires patience ).
The little bird is too small. If the quality is good enough, consider cropping the image so the bird is larger and a bit more on the left instead of being centered.
Sincerely
Helmut

Most reactions

Back