first birthday / cake smash / adorable little girl

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took some 1st birthday / cake smash photos for a friend of mine's daughter. She is SO gorgeous! CC welcome! I wish I had backed up when I was shooting the banner sooner.. I didn't give myself much room at all to even things out. I backed up afterwards and she is smiling in some but the banner was blowing in the wind and looked a mess.. so that was the best of those. ;\ boooo

These were taken with my D3000 and 50 1.8 by the way.. D600 has not arrived yet :( booooooooooo again.

emilee-1-6 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

emilee-1-7 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

emilee-1-5 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

4. & 5. big sister frolicking behind her.. lol

emilee-1-3 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

emilee-1-2 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

emilee-1 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

Last edited:
C&C per req:

1. Looks a tad hot to me; I'd drop it down by about 1/3 of a stop or so. Cute expresion, and good eyes.

2. NOT fond of the angle or the background here, and the bright, blown areas in the background really pull the eye away from the child. I would strongly suggest cloning some of the darker areas onto them. Good, sharp focus.

3. Missed focus; the right eye is almost sharp, the left very soft. It looks like the point of focus was on her hair band.

4, 5. I like the concept, and good lighting on the child, but the blown area in the background kills these for me. Treat as per #2.

6. Cake abuse!

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks! Time of day certainly was not ideal. She goes to bed early and sunset isn't til 7pm here so I had to meet around 4:30/5. I will see what I can do about the blown spots when I get on my desktop with these. And ironically enough, SOOC.. the 1st was about 1/3 stop down on exposure from where its at in the edit.. lol

Hey dude awesome birthday celebrated...:), like most.

Most reactions

Back