First Bloom

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The temperatures of the past week have bounced up into the 80's causing a lot trees to start blooming. Then the rain sat in, and now they're calling for frost. Despite the rain and cold, thought I should snap one of the first blooms of the year, before the cold freezes them off. Bradford Pear.

Bradford02282018_513.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Nice shot. I would be tempted to 1) crop it a bit to eliminate the big branch on the right and 2) brighten the flowers a bit - increase the whites(?) depending on the software you are using.

WesternGuy

Nice shot. I would be tempted to 1) crop it a bit to eliminate the big branch on the right and 2) brighten the flowers a bit - increase the whites(?) depending on the software you are using.

WesternGuy

Yeah the original was lighter, need to go back and adjust it some.

WesternGuy

Yeah the original was lighter, need to go back and adjust it some.
Looks better with the whiter flowers.

WesternGuy

If the rain ever stops long enough I think I'll try to reshoot with supplemental light and a different lens. The 18-135 is a great walk around, but doesn't have the bokeh of my primes. In retrospect this one should have been put in Just For Fun.

Last edited:

If the rain ever stops long enough I think I'll try to reshoot with supplemental light and a different lens. The 18-135 is a great walk around, but doesn't have the bokeh of my primes. In retrospect this one should have been put in Just For Fun.
At least you don't have to shovel the rain. We are in the middle of a late winter snow storm and are expecting 20-30cm (8-12 inches) of snow by mid-day Saturday. It is wreaking absolute havoc on the roads. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

My mother's Bradford pear trees are in full bloom too she said. My aunt sent a Crocus pic a couple weeks ago when we got our last snowfall ( before this nor'easter today ) but I only noticed our bulbs breaking the ground yesterday.

Most reactions

Back