First Bridal Shots Ever

errant_star

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkanderson.com
This is my sister at her wedding a few weeks ago ... I was her maid of honour so there was limited opportunity for taking pictures of myself but I did manage to get a few.

This is one of the first few that I've had a chance to get to work on.

loni_hair_rear.sized.jpg

I'd love to hear your professional opinions and critiques.

Thanks for looking :mrgreen:

You've got a really good eye for capturing the special moments at a wedding. These are great! I hope you get the opportunity to shoot more weddings!

I LOVE the shots of "the boys" and the flower girl kissing the bride. It's hard to do this sort of work when you're "wearing two hats."

I think all your shots would stand up agaist many of the "professionals" in my area. Keep doing more of the same.

-Pete

Wow, Errant Star! Those are awesome. I think the first one is pure class and I love the memories you have managed to capture in the rest. Well done!

I like 1 and 2.

Were you the main photog?

danalec99 said:
I like 1 and 2.

Were you the main photog?

No ... I was the maid of honour in the wedding so what I managed to get was very limited ... mostly I just went around and took pictures of things giong on while she (the pro photog) was taking her posed pictures that I wasn't in :wink:

I think you did a great job on those. I think that a family member or a friend get some of the best shots, especially if they have some actual photography knowledge and aren't running around with the little disposables :lol:

Nice work...I like them all!

****s sake, Jen! I'm going to confiscate your camera soon so I can catch up. You've moved forward with your abilities so fast it's hard to believe. Except I've seen it with my own eyes. You're one of those people who are very natural with the camera, it shows. You know the exact time to press the shutter just as much as you know how to compose a photograph.

I'm wondering if you should start selling some of your work or maybe offer yourself up to get paid to shoot. I'm thinking some of your shots on your site would look stunning on a wall in big print.

so did you pose these yourself? (mainly the one of the flower girl kissing the bride)

tremendous job for being "busy" with Maid of Honor duties too!!

Not a pro opinion by any means but I LOVE these. These are the kind of shots that are always in my head at weddings but never seem to find. Great stuff! :thumbup:

PhotoB said:
so did you pose these yourself? (mainly the one of the flower girl kissing the bride)

tremendous job for being "busy" with Maid of Honor duties too!!

Thanks Canon Fan and PhotoB

The posed ones were the first one, the flower girl kiss and the guys. I didn't actually pose these, the pro photog did but we got completely different results ... I can say this absolutely as I have now seen her pictures.

The flower girl kiss she had on more of a close-up from a slightly different angle, the first of the bride from behind was one she took from the side and focusing on the lacing and details of the dress and her flowers, and the guys obviously she didn't do in pano.

I wish I could claim the posing of these but I wasn't the pro photog just a maid of honour!

:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back