first c&c *lots of photos*

brownieapple

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is my first c&c ever and my first time taking pictures at a music venue. really this is my first time for everything including PP in Lightroom. i think i am finally ready for the beating you guys give but it will help me shoot better in the end. so just crush me please. [oh boy :pale:]

ibKx1k.jpg

iefHQG.jpg

iefFI8.jpg

iebtek.jpg

ief9uk.jpg

ief7mc.jpg

iebk7E.jpg

iebiz6.jpg

iefjKC.jpg

thanks! anyone else?

Looks like you used the popup flash on the first few.
Nothing better to ruin your shots than a popup flash in a dark venue

Iam no pro... But making it into a tighter shot would make nicer and I think the flash is too strong you should try using a flash diffuser and bouncing it at the ceiling for a more natural look.

Again this are what I see don't take me too seriously coz I am no expert.

Thanks,
Mikel Martin

Looks like you used the popup flash on the first few.
Nothing better to ruin your shots than a popup flash in a dark venue

yeah i was pretty bummed when i had to use it.

Iam no pro... But making it into a tighter shot would make nicer and I think the flash is too strong you should try using a flash diffuser and bouncing it at the ceiling for a more natural look.

Again this are what I see don't take me too seriously coz I am no expert.

Thanks,
Mikel Martin

yeah i am going to try to re-crop the pictures tomorrow or the day after and see how they look. i'm looking into getting either the 430ex ii or the 580ex ii soon so that will take care of that until then i guess i'm s.o.l. :(

Wanted to resurrect this from the depths and see if there were any other comments.

#2 looks greenish to me so as #5 but much less. My monitor is not calibrated, but all the other seems true, so I'm guessing they really are greenish. That kind of photography is hard! Lighting sucks and guessing by the face of the singers in #8 and #9, it's probably pretty hard not to get pushed around! Hope you didn't get swallowed in the pit!:confused: #1 is probably your best one. Outside that reflection on the forehead, the lighting is by far the best.
Good luck!

Are you at least shooting in RAW?

I shot a few in raw. But due to the small memory size of my memory card I had to shoot in jpeg. :( . If I was just shooting one of the bands there I would have shot RAW

#2 looks greenish to me so as #5 but much less. My monitor is not calibrated, but all the other seems true, so I'm guessing they really are greenish. That kind of photography is hard! Lighting sucks and guessing by the face of the singers in #8 and #9, it's probably pretty hard not to get pushed around! Hope you didn't get swallowed in the pit!:confused: #1 is probably your best one. Outside that reflection on the forehead, the lighting is by far the best.
Good luck!

Some of them I was trying out some different processing schemes so the green was desired to an extent. Might have exceeded what I wanted.

Yeah it was rough in there but nothing I'm not used to. I wish I got on stage and snapped some pics of the pit. It was pretty crazy out there

Most reactions

Back