TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, Im a bit nervous here, but here we go:

picture010editer3.png

Origional is here:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/1663/picture010cc6.jpg

Ok, Im sorry about the resolution, while I await the developing of my first rolls of film for the new camera I have been toying with some old pictures taken with a ratty Olympus 2.1 megapixle didgital point-and-shoot. Utill I get a copy of PS Elements I am working with IrFanview. I tweaked things a bit to get some deeper color and tone down the brightness. I also think I got the corp the way I want.

Lemme know what ya think.....and please, hold back no punches, I can really use the critique.

Brian

Nothing to be worried about.
Nice exposure.
Ignoring the resolution, I would crop this to get rid of some of the excess and get the mountaintop off of center. Since it is a little monotnouis in the color I might think about converting to B&W and upping contrast a little.

picture010cc6bbbfilteredm9.jpg

I actually dislike the B&W and feel the you almost NEED the color to keep the photo interesting... that sky is just too blue to remove it.

New Hampshire, is there anything in particular that you are looking for critiques on? anything that you feel is lacking from the picture and want to improve on? Stating what you want helps get direct answers to the things you want to know.

For now I'll do a general critique. While the picture has very nice colors and a cool low (or I guess high, but low to the ground) cloud, the picture overall is somewhat boring. There isn't anything going on in the picture and so the attention is lost pretty quickly.

Also I think the picture could use a little cropping to remove the top of the mountain from the center of the picture. I'd probably see how it looks with the part you are standing on cropped out, so on the left remove the snow at the bottom so it starts with the grey rocks.

Where was this taken? I live in MA and am always looking for new spots. Looks like a fine shot to me. I like the original best. A bit wider might even be nicer. Personally I like wide landscapes,not a big fan of closlely cropped mountains, it gives no sense of size.

Thank you everyone for the comments so far. My crop was my attempt to get the picture to kind of go into the "rule of thirds". Maybe it was a bit overdone. I guess the biggest critique Im looking for is overall composition. The one thing I really wish there was more of was interesting clouds, but unfortunately I played the hand I was dealt.

D-50, this was taken in the Presidential Range of the White Mountains. To be specific, it was just below the summit of Mt. Jefferson. The grouping of rocks over in the lower right corner is Sphinx Col. The cloud covered peak is, of course, Mt. Washington.

Thanks and keep the comments coming!

Brian

One more thing. As I said, I played around a bit with color. This does not seem a bit too blue to everyone, does it? I mean, I did not go too overboard did I?

I plan on hitting up this Mountain range again this summer with the film SLRs when there is a lot of lush green out.

Brian

Most reactions

Back