First camera

musicdood0066

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, I'm in search of my first "real" camera. I am a musician, so I will need a camera that can shoot video of my band playing, but I will also use it for still shots of performances, and pictures of my gear. Outside of that I would like to take more artistic photos of things in nature and experiment alot with different angles and lighting, that may or may not have to do with which type of camera I should get, but I thought I'd add that in. I'm not in a really big hurry to get the camera, so that should give me a decent price range, I was thinking about $300 or so. A few features I'd like to have are zoom, built in memory, and as I've already mentioned, video capability. So far I only have a Kodak EasyShare and a Sony Cyber-shot in mind Thanks for your time.

Welcome to the forum. You won't get anything that 'I' would consider a "real camera" for $300...not a digital one anyway.

If you want good video, get a video camera...if you want good still photo...get a good still camera. I'm not aware of any camera that can do both things well...(there probably is such a camera...but it won't be in the ball park of $300).

I don't claim to know much about 'digi-cams'. There are so many of them...and they are always changing. They all seem to be pretty similar though. If you want to compare specs...check out www.dpreview.com

I don't think that getting one with built-in memory is a good idea. Get one with a memory card slot and look for a deal on cheap cards.

Most reactions

Back