First Christmas photo

blackrose89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a picture of my first ornament today :). We spent 7 hours decorating the tree and house. This is my husband's and I first Christmas as a married couple. I know it's nothing special, but I thought I'd share.

First time working with a flash, I put a tissue over it try diffuse it. Taken with a P&S.

PC060743.jpg

Very nice, great bokeh - only nit is that you cropped a little bit off the top right - just a little bit. Congrats on the first - wishes for many more.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Notice how the background is orange. To fix this, you could put an orange gel (CTO, 1/2 or 3/4) over your on-camera flash, then white balance to tungsten. Just for future reference. :)

nice. and congratulations!

firsts are great !!

i like the writing on the ornament as well. nice fonts.

imo, this would look cool as b&w, only because, to me, the orange seems out of place... and, if i look close, the tree looks white... and i'm a traditionalist, trees should be green. lol..

but, that is certainly not a critique on your photo.. just your choice in tree's :) lol

This is my husband's and I first Christmas as a married couple. I know it's nothing special, but I thought I'd share.
It's certainly special to you and your husband, because you only ever have 1 first Christmas together. :thumbup:

This is my husband's and I first Christmas as a married couple. I know it's nothing special, but I thought I'd share.
It's certainly special to you and your husband, because you only ever have 1 first Christmas together. :thumbup:

And in some cases only 1

nice. imo, this would look cool as b&w, only because, to me, the orange seems out of place... and, if i look close, the tree looks white... and i'm a traditionalist, trees should be green. lol..

but, that is certainly not a critique on your photo.. just your choice in tree's :) lol

The camera is NOT playing tricks on you. It is in fact a white tree. See, I'm from South Florida and we don't get white Christmases, so we make up for it in our trees :) .

Most reactions

Back