First colour film......

messedupnegs4ff.jpg

Pretty much the right colour. (but ignore the white dust spot!)

They'll both get darker after a few uses and you may need to hold them up to the light to tell the difference but the developer is the lighter one.

Just found the info on the ph levels of each one (on the last page to read! Typical!:lol: )

They seem the right way round. Dev should be 9-11 and is 11 (vivid purple) and blix should be 6-8 and is 8 (murky yellow)

Not much mistaking them that way! :lol: Would this indicate the chemicals are OK too?

So still back to the beginning trying to find out what is wrong!:confused:

Well, the only thing I can suggest is trying the chem's the other way round and if that means you put the lighter mix in first then that would coincide with my experience of the Jessops kit.

Very confused now! :lmao:

Marctwo said the developer is a light straw colour which the instructions agree with and say the blix should be reddish/brown, but the instructions say the developer has a ph of 11 which is the reddish/brown liquid in the bottle labled developer and the blix is 8 which is the straw coloured liquid in the bottle labled fixer!

I'm trying them the opposite way round on the first few frames of another film to see if that works! (remainder of the film is in another tank not wound onto a reel yet!)

If this doesn't work I think I'll have to get some new dev & fix at the weekend!:meh:

If this does work I'm going to be even more confused as that'll mean the instruction booklet is messed up and the lables are on the wrong bottles!:confused: (How likely is that!:lol: )

Marctwo said:
Well, the only thing I can suggest is trying the chem's the other way round and if that means you put the lighter mix in first then that would coincide with my experience of the Jessops kit.

Trusting you here mate! :lol: :thumbup:

Better go to bed after this! It's 5am and I have to be up to "process" my little lad at 7:30! :confused:

Film is now dry after trying the chemical the other way round but still no negatives! :confused:
There is, however, what looks like some slightly darker smudging along the edges outside the sprocket holes. Is this a good sign?

Process was followed exactly again but this time the temp rose by just under 1 deg C for the blix.

The smudging may indicate a very slight hint of development but that's still no good; It should develope properly or not at all.

I think it's time to take the kit back and get it replaced. And don't forget to take the neg's and get a few films thrown in too.

I think I have to agree! Not having done this processing before I'm at a loss as to why it's not working!:confused:

Unfortunately the kit wasn't bought by myself or from my local Jessops so a refund will probably be out of the question but I will get a new kit that I know should be OK (i.e not sat on the shop shelf for 6 months+!)

Can anybody reccomend any other kits like the Tetenal or Photochem?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back