First Concept shot editing: To Kill a Fairytale

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my daughters and I did my first concept shot yesterday. It was fun but boy was it a LOT of work! I used lighting I had on hand (lamp, trouble light, candles) but wish I had a little bit more light so I could bring my ISO down for less noise and also stop down to get more DOF. After I saw what I was getting with the light I had available I worked with it the best I could, it was certainly a learning experience!
The set came close to where I wanted it to be but while Red Riding Hood looks great I think I missed the mark a bit on the "head cut off and on a table" feel lol BUT the set is still set up and I may get to play with it all again and tweak things for next time round :)

The warmth in the picture is intentional, the room is wood with a rusty coloured roof and always reads very warm in pictures and I like that about the room, I think the colour is close to where I was aiming but perhaps a bit richer? would be better.
I have a bunch of images to edit but wanted to put one up to get some thoughts before I carry on.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
Thanks for taking a look :)

Thanks Nandakumar :) it was fun!

Little bump before I go out to make this current for the evening folks.
ALL C&C welcome technical, set, costuming... All welcome since we will play with the setup more!

You know, Judi, that just because you want us to believe you shot by candlelight doesn't mean you HAVE TO shoot by candlelight... Good stage lighting can make you believe you're in a dark cave when you're actually in a pretty bright place. That's a lesson I had learned from a very good professional photographer who showed us (in a club workshop) how to create a mood that convinces the viewer that it was much darker than it actually was...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back