First concert you ever attended...

Queen opened for Mott The Hoople at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium in 1974.

I wonder how much my Queen World Tour '80 T-shirt is worth now?

36848-1503884129-f27d4a0e17457d1dfe5fde04a06ffbba.jpg

The best concert I ever went to was Peter Garbriel, I was in the Marines. What a show!

However, I loved the Chicago Symphony Orchestra when I lived there. My wife went once and struggled all the way through it and totally ruined it for me so I went back by myself many times. The Los Angeles Philharmonic is on my bucket list.

Don't Fear the Reaper and Slow Ride, SharonCat.

And you don't know Echo and the Bunnymen?? geez... lol Now you're getting into my alternative rock/indie rock or whatever they're calling it now.

Not quite if my first was Three Dog Night at the Greek, with Aretha Franklin opening or Neil Diamond at the Greek (One Hot August Night).

My date for both concerts:

S%20Abbott%202-XL.jpg

A%20shirt-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Oh boy. First one I ever went to, back in 95 I think? Boyz II Men with Montell Jordan (girl I liked loved Boyz II Men, so I was all for trying!). Thought my dad would freak (had to buy a ticket for him too, so he could drive us), the first song comes up, and Montell and his entourage come out with hooded robes like it was a freaking cult.

Since then, I've progressed into better tastes. And coming circle, hitting GnR in Boston on October. Bucket list item to be crossed off!

I don't count the ones ( country, bleh! lol ) I was forced to go to with my parents somewhere around 1970-72

A couple of weeks ago I hit Queen at the Hollywood Bowl. Wonderful!

I would have loved to have seen Queen when Freddy Mercury was still with us. One of the best voices in rock ever. I hear Lambert does a pretty good job.

Most reactions

Back