First couples maternity shoot. Critique!

Thank you, bennielou. BTW, checked out your work and it is AMAZING! I love the emotion you capture!

Thank you, bennielou. BTW, checked out your work and it is AMAZING! I love the emotion you capture!

Thank you so much for your kindness. Again, I hope you don't mind that I tweeked your photo a bit. It's a good solid photo.

I am so tired of seeing prego women "holding" their bulbous stomachs like they were in the process of dropping their baby right then and there. Why do they need to "hold" it??? Sorry about the rant.

Thanks. I will try to focus more on Mom next shoot. On #4 I would've love to had Mom's ring, too but she was swollen too much to wear it =(

As far as skill level, where do you think I am?
Oh yeah...my wife's hands did the same thing. She ended up going to Target or Walmart and buying a $10 fake ring so she didn't look like a knocked up single lady (at least that's what she said!).

Judging from those pictures, I would say you have good potential but are still at the early stages of polishing things up....which is where I hope I am too.

I am so tired of seeing prego women "holding" their bulbous stomachs like they were in the process of dropping their baby right then and there. Why do they need to "hold" it??? Sorry about the rant.

As a mom its kinda of symbolism I would say. They are holding on to their baby :) They can't hold their baby yet but they sure can hold their bellie :) I know the photos that I'm working on right now the lady purposely had her hands cupping the bottom of her belly so she could hide MOST of her stretch marks too :)

I agree with the above. You have a ton of potential. I don't know how early you are in your career, but the photos are very nice overall. We all learn day to day.

Thank you so much for your kindness. Again, I hope you don't mind that I tweeked your photo a bit. It's a good solid photo.

I don't mind at all and appreciate any input. I'm so glad I found this forum with so many excellent photogs! I'm just beginning my journey. I bought my first DSLR about 5 year ago and upgraded when we had our second child so that I could have one with video also (for personal purposes only with my kids, etc.). But I've just started shooting manually and really learning about my camera in the past couple months--and I don't want to put it down!! =)

Question for you--are you self taught, did you go to school for photography, workshops, mentor-ships, etc? I'm young and know that I want to turn my passion into a business one day. I'm currently an RN, but stay at home with my kids. Photography is something that I LOVE and eventually I would love to have a studio built on to my home.

As a mom its kinda of symbolism I would say. They are holding on to their baby :) They can't hold their baby yet but they sure can hold their bellie :) I know the photos that I'm working on right now the lady purposely had her hands cupping the bottom of her belly so she could hide MOST of her stretch marks too :)

Also, Mom's like to be able to see their entire belly. Some outfits somewhat hide it. I know in this photo, we probably could've tucked it with the position she was in...(looking at it now, I agree that it is awkward placement). And I definitely agree with RebeccaAPhotography about the symbolism!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back