jhuerto23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.infinitituner.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
I was asked to shoot for a cover for an upcoming event. What do you guys think?

JDH_4369.jpg

Normally Covers are shot in Vertical mode. If you go Horizontal you have to give yourself room for a vertical crop.

-
Othere than that looks fine , really all depends on what they are doing with it.

Shoot well, Joe

Looks like flat, on camera flash to me.

It looks like a snapshot of your buddy that was sitting across from you at a bar that you posted to Facebook.

Not trying to be mean, that's just what I see.

Flat lighting. Random background that's almost blacked out, but not quite because there are random reflections shinning through.

Hands are posed awkardly and are the brightest part of the photo drawing attention away from the eyes. Left arm is partly in shadow and looks weird and very wrinkly. I don't get why there is dead space on the left. I don't get why the subject seems to be leaning away from the dead space. I'm guessing you were going for something kind of edgy, but the flat lighting doesn't produce that look.

Honestly, I have to agree with e.rose...it looks like a snap shot with direct flash, not a cover shoot.

Yea, I just used my onboard flash nothing fancy. I'm new at photography so I don't have any fancy equipment yet. I didn't center the shot because he was going to use the dead space to put wordings or what not. He was just sitting down on a chair and gave me his normal mug. I'm new at this so every little bit of mistakes you guys see I will do my best to correct them in the future. Thank you for your inputs...

jeff

Unless it is a cover for Gangsta: The Vato Loco Quarterly you may want to try to shoot it again using the tips given to you here.

Most reactions

Back