First Developed Roll of B&W

tmurphy0828

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recently developed my first roll of black and white film and I wanted to share some of the photos. Let me know what you guys think!

Very good tones and contrast on all these. Nice job on your first roll.

Ya know, I just went back and looked at these again. What's the odd shading on the top right corner of #1

Thanks guys! and thats actually somehing that went wrong in the developing up in the top right corner of number one. It has this little splotch up there and Im not quite sure what exactly happened to it

It looks like some sort of light leak or possibly some developer got of it from your fingers? I'm not really sure.

I dont think it was a light leak im pretty sure it was from my finger bcause there is another photo with a similar but worse sploch nd you can see my fingerprint in the photo

That looks to me like a spot where the film was touching another bit of film during development.

Hi, I've moved your thread out of the Alternative forum (since developing film isn't considered an alternative photographic process) into the Film Q&A. :)

I second amolitor's suggestion of film touching during development - do you have any recollection of difficulty in loading the film? Plastic or stainless reels?

Does the circular mark go out of the frame ... looks like it does.

Whats your developing process ?

Are you using a stainless steel reel ?

That looks to me like a spot where the film was touching another bit of film during development.

Hi, I've moved your thread out of the Alternative forum (since developing film isn't considered an alternative photographic process) into the Film Q&A. :)

I second amolitor's suggestion of film touching during development - do you have any recollection of difficulty in loading the film? Plastic or stainless reels?

Does the circular mark go out of the frame ... looks like it does.

Whats your developing process ?

Are you using a stainless steel reel ?

Ahhh yes! Now that you mentioned tht I remember thats what happened. It was my frist time developing so I had a little difficulty putting the film on the reel and there was a spot or two where the film was touching. Yes the circular mark does go out of frame. I was using steel reels

That was my first thought as well. I remember having the same thing happen long ago when I developed my first few rolls. It takes a while to get the hang of it.

That was my first thought as well. I remember having the same thing happen long ago when I developed my first few rolls. It takes a while to get the hang of it.
yeah its pretty hard but its very rewarding when the whole process is done. looking foward to doing it again soon

Most reactions

Back