First Dramatic Self Portrait. C&C

Stephen.C

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First self portrait ive ever taken.
DISCLAIMER: My LR3 trial ran out a few days ago, and I ordered the student edition tonight, but it takes a few days for them to accept the proof that I sent them verifying I am a student. So this was shot in JPEG Basic =/ Raw will be done and edited once it comes in.
With out further A do!
4965753713_7a0c410134_b.jpg

Tell me what you think. Shot manual focus ( that was NOT fun ) and I used the LED light on my iphone for the lighting ( Hey what ever works right? )
Thanks!

Yeah, CS5 is 200 compared to 1000.
You can only buy 1 product a year with the discount though.
Pays off to get into photography early I guess.
But hows my photo haha

You can only buy 1 product a year with the discount though.

i bought both adobe lightroom 3 and photoshop cs5 with the student discount. so i dunno how much they enforce the 1 product a year rule.

Main light is too low IMO. The shadows are going up. A more pleasing (and conventional) approach is to have the main light source higher than the subject (45°x45°). Notice your catch light is in the 4:00-5:00 o'clock range. This also shows oddly on your..... agghhh, what's the name.... that piece of flesh between the nose and upper lip... anyway, that thing and you have a spot on your right nostril that should be in shadow.

Try again and place the light source in the 11:00-1:00 range. Also think about a reflector opposite the main light to add some subtle detail to the shadowed side.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back