First efforts - go gently

flyingseale

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Although I got my D50 6 months ago I've only just got my PC running with enough memory to do anything with the images. Using Adobe Lightroom Beta4 I'm pleased with these images but would welcome any feedback especially as it's so easy to alter an image so much as to make it look completely unreal!!

All shots here were with the kit lens.

Everyone has to have a sunset. I had to stop on the way home from work when they sky looked so dirty. A 2 stop ND grad was used.

A trip to Dartmoor had me heading for cover when the tors became covered in mist. I think the ivy has won this battle.

And the last one. Playing with a longer exposure to blur the stream

Mike

I sure wish I could help you figure out what you did wrong, but,
They look pretty darn nice to me.
If anything I would like to see the 1st one just a bit lighter, not sure If it needs it or not I would just like to see how it would look

Numbers 1 and 3 for me. I actually think I would prefer number 3 without that plant right close to the camera. Nice smooth look on the water.

Outdoorlover...I've upped the exposure on number 1 by 2/3. Better?

Mike

I like the warmer softer look of the original #1. Three is nice, but could use a slight contrast boost (not much). 2 has the water highlights blown out.

They all look good, hard to say anything needs to improve

1st & 3rd are winners, great stuff keep em coming

Why the request for every to go gently?? Those are great shots. If it makes you feel better I'll post some of mine and you'll think you're a top-notch pro.

Why the request for every to go gently??
It was just in case my ego couldn't take it...but you guys are being so nice I guess there was no need to ask for the gentle touch.
Now I just need some more nice weather to get out and about again this weekend. The following picture might look stunning with a little brighter weather to bring out the colours of the pebbles. The logs are part of a well-worn groyne at Calshot Spit, Hampshire, UK

Mike

another good shot, a good place on the south coast is Lepe.

another good shot, a good place on the south coast is Lepe.
I looked at some of your recent shots from Lepe following the smooth rocks thread. I'll maybe take a trip down there one day. I was planning to go Lulworth/Durdle/Ringstead way this weekend, but having seen your Kimmeridge shots from the same thread makes me think again. I guess I'm lucky living this way with so many options.

Mike

Heya Mike, have I said "Welcome to ThePhotoForum" to you?
I have not???
Well, here you are then:

Welcome to ThePhotoForum :mrgreen:

Yours are some really nice photos here, and it would be even easier to look at them if we did not have to click on links.
Therefore my advice: when you hotlink photos from Photobucket to here, use the third line in row, the one that has the [IMG ][/IMG ]-brackets already around the URL. Then the photos will show up here. Using just the URL plus our image icon does no longer make the photos show up here for whichever reason...
confused-smiley-013.gif

Heya Mike, have I said "Welcome to ThePhotoForum" to you?
I have not???
Well, here you are then:

Welcome to ThePhotoForum :mrgreen:
Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I did not understand what the three photobucket links were for - now I understand and will use the third button next time

Most reactions

Back