First Engagement Session in 18+ Months for C&C...

MikeLem

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mikelemovitz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, with my focus shifting towards photo/video for business, engagement sessions have become a rarity. I was contacted by this couple through my website (probably via Google), and shot their e-session today.

A few self-critiques: The lens flare from the 50mm f/1.4 is not as clean as I remembered it being. Going to have to re-evaluate my lens choice for future sessions. If I had it to do over, I would've shot some of this stuff about a stop under. The couple loves them, which is most important, but it would have saved me some trouble in Lightroom.

$Sneak_Preview.jpg

$Sneak_03.jpg

$Erin Derek-102.jpg

$Erin Derek-104.jpg

$Erin Derek-108.jpg

$Erin Derek-110.jpg

Overall I think you did a good job, and if the couple loves them, then well... like you said that is the most important thing.

For #4 and #5 I question the crops here and the white balance is very cool, as in undead cool.

In #4 they are are at the very edge of the frame and there is very little of them and very much of the overgrown shrubbery.
In #5, the gent seems cramped and while there is a Fibonacci pattern going on with the grass on the right, it just doesn't look right. I think the grass in between them is a little distracting as well. I think the grass should be cropped out completely.

Not feeling the blown out sky in 1, but in the last one I actually like it.

Overall I think you did a good job, and if the couple loves them, then well... like you said that is the most important thing.

For #4 and #5 I question the crops here and the white balance is very cool, as in undead cool.

In #4 they are are at the very edge of the frame and there is very little of them and very much of the overgrown shrubbery.
In #5, the gent seems cramped and while there is a Fibonacci pattern going on with the grass on the right, it just doesn't look right. I think the grass in between them is a little distracting as well. I think the grass should be cropped out completely.

Not feeling the blown out sky in 1, but in the last one I actually like it.

WHOA! Thanks for catching the WB issue. I started editing on my (uncalibrated) laptop, exported a few, and then calibrated. I must not have re-exported those two. Correct versions below (I don't want to edit the OP).

$Erin Derek-101-2.jpg

$Erin Derek-103-2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back