First Engagement Session

mandabec

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first engagement session I did for a friend. Not sure I like my editing. I need practice.

blog.jpg

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
It's a little small to get a good look at, but it appears to me as if the skin has been somewhat over-smoothed. While not related to your work in post, I'll add that your DoF is somewhat excessive, and while a nice image as-is, it would have been improved with a softer, less focused background.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

NateWagner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.loneoakphotography.com
Photos OK to edit
Another thing that might be beneficial for future work might be to try to avoid to show much of his neck. You did a good job in avoiding the double chin or the lines in the neck. But, I think the neck just makes him look a little larger. If you were able to show less of the neck and more the face (maybe more profileish) that might help the photo.

I agree on the DOF, here is where using the 50mm 1.8 at maybe 3.5 or so would have been quite helpful in smoothing out the background and making the shot a bit less busy.

For ATX - DOF is the depth of the field. I would love to go into more detail, but others have done a much better job then I could. Please do a search on the search bar above, or google it. The answers there should be more clear than I could explain it.

Most reactions

ClickASnap