First engagement shoot.. and first time shooting in full manual

OnlyAGlimmer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Up until now I've cheated at shoots and used one of the priority modes LOL. First engagement shoots.. in fact one of the first 4 shoots that weren't children. And can I just say I LOVE engagement shoots! I'm not quite done editing but here are a few of my favs so far.

and yes, I know this is probably too many pictures.. I just couldn't narrow my fav's down :)

#1-

401982932_sTSJm-L.jpg

#2- just noticed I cropped her foot off! thankfully it's a crop so I can fix that quickly :)
402279811_5TjJE-L.jpg

#3-
402369382_EtWsy-L.jpg

#4-I like this but I think it's too warm?
402371192_febQK-L.jpg

#5-
402416701_MatzT-M.jpg

#6-
402456767_jEwQa-L.jpg

#7-
403659794_otCMg-L.jpg

#8-
403678928_ovvjJ-L.jpg

#9-
402448831_JBU93-M.jpg

And, #10... I got lucky here! We were done and heading back to the parking lot.. I was following behind and caught this. :) Might not be some peoples taste I guess but I LOVE it!

402475326_7p24u-L.jpg

Last edited:
Great job! I have nothing bad to say at all. Your focus, exposure, composition, color, lighting, and processing are all very well done. Again good job, and keep that dial on M :thumbup:

I like em a lot. Nice job.

I'll support you on the last one-- it wouldn't work but for that car. The effect you have on it matches up beautifully with the age of the car and even their style of dress.

This is definitely the best series of photos you've done, imo!

After looking at pic #2 again, I'm pretty sure that's the exact same place I took some of Clint's pictures last week.:lol: If not, the places are sure similar!;)

I really like the last one as well. The style of clothes she likes to wear fits in perfectly with that time frame & the car is the right touch as well.;)

These look great! I love your conversion in the first. Do you mind some CC?

With number 2 the first thing I went to was the 'disappearing stick' Either take it all the way out or leave it :) Also I think the texture actually distracts from this image. The colours are brilliant and your eye naturally goes from her to him so introducing that one extra element.. well.. it isn't needed.

well, the stick is just like that naturally.. no editing it out partway :) LOL.. it was hanging down from the top :)

I'm with you on the texture. I like this version a bit better
402038804_yTKp8-L.jpg

but my fav. is this one w/o the texture but the bride liked the heavier texture better.
402038395_mH2DK-L.jpg

LOL. That stick had me fooled. Honestly. I might even be temped to try editing it out - at at the least maybe even editing it through the rest of the frame. strange I know ;)

i much much much prefer the second texture you used - I think it does add something over the non-texture version so there you go - I was wrong on that one too ;)

Nice photos, I like the 1st, 8th and 10th photos. The best series of photos, I've seen so far.:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back