First ever maternity photo! C&C

RussJasper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a request from a friend to document her pregnancy in her 34th week of maternity. This was my first time doing any actual portrait let alone something like this.

The lighting was all natural as I do not have any triggers for remote flash. shot inside my living room.

She requested that I do not edit her skin to make it smoother or anything like that so I didn't touch it except for a zit on her head and a scar from her belly button piercing.

I took a couple hundred but this is the only finished one I have edited.

Good comment about her hair.. bringing that out would be nice because it merges right into the background... maybe that's what you wanted? Maybe it's up to the individual.

Wondering about what her tat says. Also is she cool with you posting her pic on the internet? Being in her undies (basically) and all...

Anyway, good work!

I'd probably blend out the camel toe, otherwise I like the shot - very natural looking. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I'd probably blend out the camel toe, otherwise I like the shot - very natural looking. :thumbup:

I didn't detect any of that. But you made me laugh anyway. :D

She's beautiful! You captured that for sure, but more light for her hair (or different background color)

And yes, there is a small camel toe, smudge that out in PP to keep the picture artistic and you're golden.

And the tat...it looks very interesting, did you get a pic of that? The story behind it? Tattoo's are fascinating, imo.

The angle of view doesn't really convey "pregnant" as much as it should to me...

Straight on, it's kind of hard to see her stomach. I would either light it differently, or compose differently to emphasize the stomach...

The angle of view doesn't really convey "pregnant" as much as it should to me...

Straight on, it's kind of hard to see her stomach. I would either light it differently, or compose differently to emphasize the stomach...

While I agree with you, I think the hand placement is what makes this work.

Albeit, not as well as a 3/4 shot would, but this is more flattering if she's insecure about her size.

She is very pretty and I do generally like the photo but I agree with the others about the hair, though if thats her hair color, I'd change the background and not her hair.. and I also think the angle doesn't really look like shes 34 weeks, makes her look smaller than she probably is, and when she looks back at the photo she will probably want to remember how big she was at 34 weeks? I also think her choice of under-garments washes her out. Otherwise I love it!

LOL @ the camel toe... I might try and edit it. hmm

Ya, i wish i had more light on the hair but it would have to come from a lamp or something as i don't have a trigger for my flash to be fired remotely from the side. This was all natural light.

Most reactions

Back