First Ever Pics - Canon Rebel XSi

smackitsakic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife and I recently purchased a Canon Rebel XSi, which included the standard kit of 18-55 and 55-250mm lenses.

At a farm, I recently snapped some of these pics. Would LOVE feedback and general tips/advice. I've been loving the photography endeavour so far!

These photos were all taken on an overcast day with automatic settings using the 55-250 lense (had just got the camera and hadn't done enough manual reading yet to be able to shoot in manual mode)...thanks for the feedback/advice!

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Nobody has ANYTHING to say to my post or any advice for a new photographer?

Not a very welcoming start to one of TPF's newest members...

Great focus on those pinecones!

I like #2. It could use some contrast adjustment to make it pop a little more. Nice use of the Rule of Thirds. The lines in it seem to lead me to the snow in the back, rather than the chrome in the front. Cropping the snow out might help a bunch.

The third one doesn't do much for me. I dunno if it's because light advances and dark receeds...I think there might be some more interesting angles to shoot from, while finding a better background that might compete less with your intended subject.

Welcome to the forum!

This place is really awesome, and I guarantee you will learn a lot here.
:cheers:

#1 is my favorite. :) welcome to the forums, you will learn a lot. I dont post much, but have learn plenty!

Nobody has ANYTHING to say to my post or any advice for a new photographer?

Not a very welcoming start to one of TPF's newest members...

There is an old saying "patience is a virtue"

Not every post will receive a response. It is the law of averages -forums.

There are a ton of photo forums, this one is extremely friendly with people from all over the world. They will chime in when they can, there is no rule that a post has to be answered.

If you are truly here to learn, be patient, read the other threads and stickys, and hold on the ride can get rough at times. But in the end it will all be worth it.

Oh yea...your shots.

#1 As you mentioned, you used a program mode. There are many times, probably more times than not that program mode will not get all of the settings correct. This photo is over exposed.

#2 This is an interesting shot, I like the angle and subject. The depth of field is short, and makes the snow in the backround a little distracting.

#3 Maybe add some contrast to this shot. Also, if the spindle of the wheel is the focal point, try cropping this shot to make it off center.

Welcome to the forum and keep shooting.

Most reactions

Back