First few pics for C&C

The Judge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken with a Canon 300D and the stock lens. I am still quite new, so I am kind of trying things out. Also, I don't have photoshop, so I can't play with the colors.

The flowers are from a bush in my backyard. When I came back in, my dog was laying on the floor, so I got her too.

IMG_0715_sm.jpg

IMG_0721_sm.jpg

IMG_0725_sm.jpg

Are these straight from the camera or are you using Canon's Digital Photo Professional to edit it first?

And are you shooting in RAW or JPEG?

The images aren't bad...I like that you got up close to the flowers and was able to put the background out of focus to help isolate the flowers more...but they could use some contrast, color and sharpening.

The subjects appear to all be centered in the frame. That tends to make the picture look static and boring. It works for some types of subjects but it's often better to place the subject off center a bit. Composition Tips

Nice dog.

Yep! JPEG strait from the camera. I only resized them (in MS Paint :blushing:). I'm working on getting PS Elements, haha.

Thanks for the link! Great info.

Yep! JPEG strait from the camera. I only resized them (in MS Paint :blushing:).
FYI: When you remove/cut off part of the image it's called cropping. When you shrink or enlarge the entire image intact then it's called resizing.
I'm working on getting PS Elements, haha.
Not sure where you are but Costco just had a $30 off coupon for Photoshop Elements 7...it ended on Sunday though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back