First few shots with my canon.

karrief35

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm new and have been self teaching on how to use my dslr. Only had it a month or so and took a few pics of my son. Wondering what your thoughts are on these. To me, they look nice..lol but I'm sure you see things that I don't. Keep in mind. Unedited photos.

$image-4179701387.jpg

Attachments

• $image-3110665582.jpg
    $image-3110665582.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 145
There's a lot of grain in the photos. It looks like its due to lack of light, and thus a forced ISO. Read your manual on how to set your ISO, and set it to around 100 - 200 and you should see the amount of noise reduce greatly. Also, due to the lower ISO, you'll need more light.

I figured my ISO was off and probably some other things too. Lol. I did have it on manual and adjusted my settings. It was taken at night time with little light and no flash. Just experimenting. Thanks for advice. :)

Low light and no flash = higher ISO = grain, no choice but to live with it - and grain doesn't show as badly in prints. Also low light makes hitting sharp focus harder (#2 is softer than #1). Other than that you've captured a couple of good looks/facial expressions. I don't know if the baby in a basket is a cliché or not as I don't do baby photos but it looks cute to me and gives baby something to hold onto and stand without help.

With a standing baby think portrait orientation.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back