First film pics

mrsid99

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are scans of prints of my first shots taken with my Nikon N90s.
No, I don't expect to convert from digital to film because after each shot I immediately looked for the preview and all I saw was the back of the camera
and yeah the smog was that bad!

Park-8.jpg

Park-6.jpg

Park-1.jpg

Dog-1.jpg

:shock: film? after the d10? traitor!!!!!

just kidding, mr. sid! How are you finding the digital to analog switch? ;)

btw, what part of California is this.. is this close to LA (ie smog comment?)

to me...all of these shots seemed.. a bit drained in color... i'd recommend using a polarizer or a filter of some sort. and maybe even trying going down 1/2 stop

Wow! I'm impressed you gave it a shot (pun intended, though bad) :wink: I would agree the landscapes are a tad overexposed, but the one of the dog is a good exposure. Keep trying, I'm betting you had fun.

How exciting!! Film is great. :D

Thanks for the comments folks and yes they all look a little "drained" but now I know and I'll aim off with the exposure next time although trying a polarizer is not a bad idea as well.
Some of it might be the El Cheapo film and 1 hour processing too.
This was the first time I'd used this camera and darn I miss the preview LCD!
My son has a film scanner so next time I'm around that way I'll get the film scanned and see how much of the problem was processing.
The pics were all taken (apart from the dog) at Anza Narrows Park in Riverside which is well inland of L.A. and appears to be the main catchment area for the smog!
It was an interesting experiment and it made me love my 10D even more (sorry Terri!) but I guess I've proven, at least to myself, that I've half an idea what I'm doing since the only thing auto I used was the focus.
Don't know when I'll take it out for a walk again but it's a neat camera and I'll keep my eyes open for lenses, polarizer and any other attachment that takes my fancy.

Most reactions

Back