first firework shots

Super job! "halfway decent"...kind of an understatement....like the Empire State building is kind of a tall building...

I liked all but the first one. The building stole some of the focus away from the fireworks. With that said, the capture was right on and you did a great job on all of them. I wish I could shoot fireworks that well.

I liked all but the first one. The building stole some of the focus away from the fireworks. With that said, the capture was right on and you did a great job on all of them. I wish I could shoot fireworks that well.

the first shot is one of my favorites, just didnt expect to get the building and the fireworks both to come out. it was also an unexpected shot. i had been walking around taking other shots of the lake and boardwalk when i heard the fireworks start. i stopped what i was doing, moved to a somewhat clear shot and waited to catch some, then nothing no fireworks. i thought okay well those were short. picked up the tripod hit a few other shots and they started going off again so i quickly got over to this spot, setup. took maybe 2 shots waiting for more fireworks to check how the building would come out lighting wise, made my adjustments then took one shot as these went up and then they stopped again. so i picked up and left lol. it was the only shot i got of that location and it came out to me really good.

Derrel and everyone else thanks for the encouragement. i tend to be picky with what i feel is good or not and im learning so i still dont have confidence in my abilitiy. i think that will come once i get a better handle on getting the results i want out of the camera. and just learning more in general and this being disney which i keep hearing has been done to death. and add in the fact that for me the pictures were more personal because it was our first time going (me, my wife and my 5 year old son) so when i look at them its more from a personal level then a photography level.

im going to post up a few of my disney set tonight if i can and hopefully you guys will like them as well.

looks like for most of my pics iso was around 400 exp stop was down 2 steps and i was running around f22 with about a 6 sec exposure. the first one with the resort in the picture was an iso 100 with no step down on the exposure since i wanted it brighter.

Ha! if you go in Oct let me know! maybe we could meet up and you could show me how to do that! lol...so I wonder if these settings would work for lightening...I have some pretty decent pics of Magic Kingdom with a point and shoot (if that's even possible..lol)
I can't wait to go back with a real camera this time. LOL

I like the first one! (actually I like them all, but I really like the first one) How did you get everything to come out like that?

Oh I miss Epcot, I loved all the culture places around the lake! Actually last time we went it was too much of a wait and too expensive to get in, so we walked around past the resort- there was a lake, some activities, a fireworks show, and all for free! Us kids loved it, and my parents were happy they didn't have to dish out $200.

Nikonnewbie, the wife has allready started searching and planning for next year lol. not sure how it would work with lightning. ive yet to have a good lightning storm. heck I dont think it rained this year lol.

Linkovicha how did I get it to come out that way? luck. I mean I had about 2-3 shots to adjust the exposure on the building before the fireworks came up and I snapped. I just got lucky I think.

I loved all the diffrent areas around the lake as well. im hoping to get a day by myself next year to just go photo so im not holding people or or being rushed, i got around that area once on the way back to our resort (you could walk to the back entrance of epcot from our resort) and by the time we were walking back we were losing all light and i was without my tripod or flash. oh well. next time.

Very nice. I got to take lots of fireworks pictures while I was in the Philippines for New Years '10 but your photos came out much sharper and better overall. Great job.

What camera and what lens was used? I can't stop looking at these photos!

Most reactions

Back