First flash setup and shoot round 2

sam_justice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.samueljustice.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Continuing on from my first thread - http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...o-gallery/221085-first-flash-setup-shoot.html

I went out to the back garden and dragged out my other sister and got this, this is straight from cam - C&C please -

hOc1W.jpg

you should get some more separation from your background. move your subject a little further away from the background this will make it a bit more out of focus. Being so in focus it is still a little distracting. It would really look amazing with a diffuser like an umbrella. Make a bigger light source. The shadows are a little harsh, though they are exposed pretty well.

edit: did you do work on her eyes?

how many more hot sister do you have?

I asked only because it looked like you had worked on her eyes. They must be very photogenic because they don't need any work. I like what you did in PP for the second one but you created some blown out areas that weren't there before. I think it needs some more tweaking.

I asked only because it looked like you had worked on her eyes. They must be very photogenic because they don't need any work. I like what you did in PP for the second one but you created some blown out areas that weren't there before. I think it needs some more tweaking.

To be honest that's the post I love for these kind of pictures, an extremely contrasty image but still under control.

I like a contrasty image as well, however the muddy blacks on the left and the blown out highlights on her shirt are not working for me. I think you went a tad far. I would play with the curves and try to fix it. I'm not that good with PP maybe someone else could offer some better advice than I.

I think i i like the first one better. i would remove the greenish cast from her skin, add a little bit of contrast / black and leave it like that.

I think i i like the first one better. i would remove the greenish cast from her skin, add a little bit of contrast / black and leave it like that.

greenish cast? I've checked the image on 3 different screens and there certainly isn't a greenish cast on any of those..

Last edited:
The second edit has a weird tinge/shadow on her face maybe from the editting. Looks a bit muddy now if you compare it to the initial you will see her skin tone is much more even in the SOOC. Your sister is a very pretty/photogenic girl.

The second edit has a weird tinge/shadow on her face maybe from the editting. Looks a bit muddy now if you compare it to the initial you will see her skin tone is much more even in the SOOC. Your sister is a very pretty/photogenic girl.

I can understand what you're saying but I've been using PS for over 8 years and this was the effect I wanted. Being a photo forum I really wanted to concentrate on the image itself aside from my post.

But the post work IS your image. :er:
The edit looks wierd. There is a color cast, eyes look way over shaprened, and her skin looks plasticky and odd. The composition is weak.

The edit looks wierd. There is a color cast, eyes look way over shaprened, and her skin looks plasticky and odd. The composition is weak.

What colour is the cast? I really can't see it on this monitor.

What do you think is weak about the composition?

:thumbup: overall isn't sharply focused either

Most reactions

New Topics

Back