First Flash

You want a flash that has the built-in R2 trigger system.... that alone is reason enough to buy the Flashpoint model.
It's worth it to get the built in wireless. Before my new mirrorless setup, I used Yongnuo triggers. They work just fine, but it's extra expense and more batteries to keep track of. The prices for built in wireless are barely even noticeable these days.

Derrel, do most brands work together with the wireless? Or just flashpoint and Godox?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Flashpoint is just rebranded Godox for Adorama's house brand.

So, otherwise, no.

So if I wanted use the flash off camera the link I posted would be the way to go?

Yes.

I could be wrong but it looks like the flash that Braineack recommended is just the Flash. In your own link slat, there is The Flash and also a transmitter that goes into your camera which is valued,I believe around $69 or so, so you do need some way to trigger The Flash if it is used off camera.so you want something ,( a transmitter ) that connects to your camera that will send a fire! signal to the flash when the flash is located off-camera.

It's the same flash but with a Li-on battery instead of using 4 AAs.

It jumps the price $70 for it.

With Godox/Flashpoint speedlights, you are basically looking at 4 models with 2 options: with or without TTL, and AA vs. lithium ion batteries. The cheapest option and the one I recommend is the manual (non-TTL) version that uses AA batteries (TT600). You may not need TTL, and you pay a $70 premium for models that use their proprietary lithium ion battery, when rechargeable Eneloop or similar AA batteries are very inexpensive. @Braineack provided a link to the Flashpoint version above, which looks to be on sale for $59 at the moment.

For off-camera flash, most people opt for the XPro transmitter that is specific to their camera manufacturer for its large display and ease of use. The X1T transmitter provides similar functionality, but with a pass-through hotshoe on top instead of the bigger display. Adorama also has an XPro2 transmitter with more buttons and a few more options for the same price.

Buying Godox vs. Adorama's rebranded Flashpoint gear really comes down to warranty and price, otherwise they are identical. Adorama warrantees all of their Flashpoint products, whereas Godox equipment bought off of Amazon or eBay may not come with any support. I'm not sure what the warranty is like for Godox equipment bought through B&H, but Adorama usually has the same or better pricing. A few of their speed lights appear to be on sale right now.

Lastly, here are a few links to better understand Godox lights and their Flashpoint equivalents:

Just got my first flash Godox V1 Love it.
Image 1-16-20 at 9.07 PM.jpg
Image 1-16-20 at 9.07 PM (1).jpg

Most reactions

Back