First Garter of the Year

Herps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Found this little guy in my front yard, my dog's were barking at him. He had probably tried to ward them off, but he was very slugish just coming out of hibernation. He's a Common Garter (Thamnophis sirtalis) the most common snake found in North America. I picked him up, and took him to a near-by woods where I took some pics and then I released him.

http://www.photographycorner.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17315&d=1143655426

I am not allowed to view your pics. Sniff-sniff :cry: It says I would need to be a registered member for viewing...

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, by the way, Herps!

Hey Herps. Welcome to TPF. Cool/scary avatar you've got there. I know gartersnakes can't hurt me, but you still wouldn't catch me picking one up.

Thankyou for your comments. Unfortunately we live in a society where most people don't understand these animals for what they are. If people would take a moment and learn why they do what they do, they might come to appriciate them, and even love them. Snakes simply have a undeserved bad reputation.:)

Welcome to the forum.

I love snakes and applaud your attitude toward them. Great photos of this one, looks like he's smiling.

Most reactions

Back