First HDR Attempt

mudthirsty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shanemacaulay.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't plan on getting it right on the first, second, even tenth try.. but here's my first attempt. C&C please!

backyard.jpg

I don't understand what's to get right? Either it worked for your vision on this photo or it didn't.

It's a boring photo of part of your back yard where everything is cut off. I'm guessing you read a post on HDR, thought you'd try it and shot a few photos out the patio door, and voila - here it is for us to enjoy.

exactly what I did. Definetly not for you all to enjoy tho.. looking for feedback on technique. Im heading out on a road trip this weekend, and want to make sure I can get a decent result before I leave. Thanks for the feedback.

Id say you are headed in the right direction. While shooting this weekend, look for better captures that would work well with HDR. From my expereince, very few scenes benefit from HDR.

For HDR to work, you need a scene with really dark stuff and really bright stuff. Otherwise it doesn't really make any sense to use HDR.

I did a 5 shot HDR on this window. The left is the middle shot. The right is the final HDR. I dont think I could have gotten the detail with a single jpeg. As a bonus I got some wall texture as well. Now robert there is actually bright and dark areas in the window so you are right for HDR to work. But almost every scene has light and dark so most things can be shot HDR. At full size this window and the rest of them are IMO quite spectacular. Mudthirsty, if you are available we could meet at the coffee shop NW corner of Center and King at 10:50 Monday morning. I will be there anyway. I will buy you a coffee and we could discuss HDR.

2vuex3b.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back