First HDR attempts. your thoughts?

O0oDC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this is my first attempt at HDR. As you can see, as a teenager and a beginner, i enjoy the unrealistic, dreamy feel to the pictures. I am sure a lot of people hate this method, but i am pleased. I would still love any advice or comments. Thanks!

As a guy in my mid 40's I really like the first two pictures. I didn't even know about HDR untill I joined this forum and think I'm going to try this type of photography. Great Job!!!:thumbup:

While a correctly done HDR can look nice this style of photography really should just be used for fun, save the exception to the rule. I rather like the last photo, just look very "fun" and vivid.

way WAY overcooked!

tone it down a bit... take it easy on the tone mapping.
HDR does not mean make it look like a cartoon.

way WAY overcooked!

X2

Just looks like another over the top HDR attempt. Most of these didn't need HDR which just makes them "tone mapped."

I find the reflection in the puddle to be very unrealistic. Did you photoshop that? It's kind of cool, just doesn't look real. (Not saying that it isn't, just that it doesn't look like it).

way WAY overcooked!

As i thought would be said, but as i stated, i like it this way.

Also someone asked if i photoshopped something, the only thing photoshopped in any of these was the sky on the bridge photo. that is it.

I like the first one best. Most of them have a odd yellow tint that takes away from the photo

a bit too much for me.

I like the over done look personally ;) btw, I'm treehead from club3g! haha

way WAY overcooked!

As i thought would be said, but as i stated, i like it this way.

Also someone asked if i photoshopped something, the only thing photoshopped in any of these was the sky on the bridge photo. that is it.

I think you like it like this due to your skill level with tone mapping. Not being rude just honest. HDR can look natural and does not have to been tone mapped into a cartoon world.... to do HDR right take a lot of practice.

Also your halos are pretty much off the chart. Try making it look "real" then tone it up from there...

I agree they are over cooked. i just think as a beginner its great to be able to make something look like a whole new world, it brings a fun side to things.

I like the over done look personally ;) btw, I'm treehead from club3g! haha
Club3g FTW

Eye spy a eclipse! I like the second one the most although im not a fan of the yellow tint that it has. If you could fix that I think it would look really nice, Then again thats my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

Back