tom.ganc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.atgancarzphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I bought my first DSLR about month ago (Nikon D40 with 18-55mm kit lens) and I'm very happy about it. I was reading about HDR pictures recently and I decided to have a go.
Instead of shooting three pictures with different exposure I used one raw picture and saved it to three tiff files with different exposure settings (I know that thisi isn't the best way and I'll try to do it properly next time).
After I have produced three files in CS3 I loaded them into Photomatix, and after doing tone mapping I get this (that's my lovely wife):

DSC_005731a.jpg

I'm quite happy about result. What you think?

Also couple weeks ago I tried some macre shots

DSC_0103.jpg

Next step is getting a tripod and try some landscapes (panoramimc and HDR):D

Well... These aren't really HDR's for the fact that they show no extra "dynamic" range

Well... These aren't really HDR's for the fact that they show no extra "dynamic" range

Heh
Only first photo is "HDR". The secon one is just macro type.
As I said I was using one raw shot and saved it to 3 different files. Next time I'll do it with 3 shoots (-2, 0 +2 ev)
Thanks for comment anyway

Heh
Only first photo is "HDR". The secon one is just macro type.
As I said I was using one raw shot and saved it to 3 different files. Next time I'll do it with 3 shoots (-2, 0 +2 ev)
Thanks for comment anyway

Well, what i was saying is that you could acheive what you got through a properly exposed image.

http://hdrcreme.com/photo-gallery/

check that out if you want.

Most reactions

Back