First HDR. Be gentle...

woodyracing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Being from Mississippi, I have a lot of redneck friends that like to brag about their boots, work boots cowboy boots whatever that they were everywhere and that's not even a little bit my style so I took this:

These are my boots. They are't made for wading in mud or going hunting. They aren't meant to be fashionable or impress women. They are made to carry me through the battle against physics and protect me when physics gets the upper hand.

Day15 by woodyracing, on Flickr

I like it. Granted, I might be a little biased, due to being a motorcyclist and sport bike rider myself, but I like the detail as well, and the composition is cool. Not sure what's up with the aura around the boots, though...
Keep it shiny side up! ;)

It doesn't look particularly HDR, and there's a weird flare around the boots & helmet.

try shooting a scene that has HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE!

You want gentle? How do you expect to learn and better yourself if we are gentle...

Why did you chose to HDR process this setup?
Not seeing how this would need to have multiple exposures to bring out the details.

But overall, I find the image ok... dont like the background. In terms of the HDR processing, dont like the while halo around the boots.

You want gentle? How do you expect to learn and better yourself if we are gentle...

Why did you chose to HDR process this setup?
Not seeing how this would need to have multiple exposures to bring out the details.

But overall, I find the image ok... dont like the background. In terms of the HDR processing, dont like the while halo around the boots.

lol well I wasn't asking to be coddled, I know ya'll are going to be pretty honest, here.

To be honest, and this is a crappy reason, I did HDR because I hadn't tried it before and wanted to give it a shot. I stuck with the HDR because I did like the detail in the shot but I definitely understand that this really isn't the kind of scene HDR is meant for. I've got to work on the background and definitely the halos, I didn't even notice that until I posted.

Thanks!

No harm at all in trying something just to try it. Thats why photography is awesome, always something new to learn :)

Did you know that since HDR is such a specialized technique, TPF has a dedicated HDR forum section for it?

HDR Discussions
High Dynamic Range Imaging (HDRI or just HDR) is a set of techniques that allows a greater dynamic range of luminances between light and dark areas of a scene.

HDR.png

Did you know that since HDR is such a specialized technique, TPF has a dedicated HDR forum section for it?

HDR Discussions
High Dynamic Range Imaging (HDRI or just HDR) is a set of techniques that allows a greater dynamic range of luminances between light and dark areas of a scene.

sorry for posting in the wrong section, I kinda thought the subject fit into both beginner and HDR categories so I just posted it here

and lol on the graph, I got it, I suck. To be fair, I did ONE HDR just to try it, wasn't planning on making a habit of it

Most reactions

Back