bevin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any c&c is welcome. Thank you :)

3283870336_e0bbc00d0e_b.jpg

Not a HDR scene.... Not my style...

Could you please be a little more specific? It's okay if it's not your style but what's the point in commenting if you are not prepared to contribute any constructive thoughts?

Also, I didn't realise there were specific "scenes" that were and were not allowed be used for HDR images :er:

Bevin, that's a beautiful landscape! Although I'm not a big HDR fan, I like the natural HDR look you gave to it. Too bad I don't have views like that where I live ;)
Do you mind sharing the data?

Great shot. The only thing that bothers me is the darkening in the upper corners and around the big cloud. And remember a real HDR is the one you can't tell it was edited, unless that's what you want.

Not a HDR scene...

I think what he means by this is that the scene does not really have a huge range of tones requiring HDR processing (though the shadows on the mountain/hill perhaps say otherwise).

Regardless, I like the outcome.

i think this scene is great for HDR. there might not be alot of colors, but having a high dynamic range makes it look alot better than a single exposure would.
and i think you did a great job on not over doing it.

I also like the shot. it'd be nicer if it wasn't dark around the cloud and in the corners but the colors and composition do it for me. Especially for your first, I'm still trying to get a hang of it.

I think what he means by this is that the scene does not really have a huge range of tones requiring HDR processing (though the shadows on the mountain/hill perhaps say otherwise).

That is. . .incredibly absurd. Folks please endeavor to understand what it is your are critiquing, BEFORE you start critiquing.

To the OP, excellent capture. I'd like to know the process that produced such a rich scene free from the evils of HDR'd noise.

Great shot. The only thing that bothers me is the darkening in the upper corners and around the big cloud. And remember a real HDR is the one you can't tell it was edited, unless that's what you want.

I agree.

1) I agree. It doesn't appear to have a high dynamic range (the scene).

That is. . .incredibly absurd. Folks please endeavor to understand what it is your are critiquing, BEFORE you start critiquing.

If I'm missing something, perhaps you could explain it to me.

I was only interpreting someone else's response to the image. I don't think I offered any critique...

Thank you all so much for your comments. I know it's not a photo that really requires HDR style but it looks so so so much better anyway. It really lifts the colour in a way I cannot do in Lightroom (yet?). I did it with Photomatix which is very new to me (like the rest of photography) so I'm still getting the hang of it.

SlimPaul - the settings I used for the original photo were: ISO100 10mm f11 1/250 with the over and under exposed shots at 1/60 and 1/1000 respectively.

Jaszek - yeah that bugs me too. I took this other shot with a tree and have a similar issue where it's lighter along the mountain tops and around the tree. That's something I've got to spend a bit of time figuring out. Or maybe just fix it up by hand in PS?

3283027175_6471cd18fa_b.jpg

ANDS! - Thank you :) And erm... I clicked the "reduce noise" button in Photomatix...? I dunno really. The photos are all Small RAW so about 10Mb each. Honestly I don't really know what I'm doing so can't really claim any low noise glory!

Everyone else, thank you for the comments, I really appreciate it :)

i like it but i don't like how most if HDR's i see all appear to be slightly out of focus. to me at least

Most reactions

Back