First HDR Pano to celebrate new tripod

SpikeyJohnson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a new tripod (I broke my cheapy tripod). I invested in a Vanguard Alta Pro 264 with the SBH-100 off Amazon for a great deal. So to celebrate I ran out front of the house and made my first HDR panorama. I'm not a huge fan of HDR but it is nice to know the technique. I'm sure I could refine this or do a better "HDR" through layer blending. But I also wanted to try out the Nik EFEX HDR software.

Well here it is!

First HDR Panorama by spikeyj37, on Flickr

Lol thanks! I don't try to go for that "HDR" effect too much, I just like to make it so people can see the photo close to what the eye could see. That's why I really want to perfect layer blending.

The leg's rock. I didn't know a nice tripod would have so many benefits, it is crazy to see all the things the new tripod can do that I would have loved to have earlier. If I had known that it could help so much I would have dropped the dough earlier!

That sure is an exotic place and looks good to live there :wink:. I see some beautiful mountains in the distance, perhaps you take those legs of yours over yonder and get a panorama of that place. It would look far more interesting i bet.

I am headed up into those mountains this week because we'll be having fireworks! So I want to get a photo of the valley with fireworks going off on our holiday (Pioneer Day in Utah). We also have Fiesta Days in the town just next to use and I want to get some photos of those fireworks going as well. I also could be going up to our camping spot this weekend for some astrophotography shots this weekend.

All these factors weighed into me getting my tripod so soon after the last breaking. I was just excited for all the events in the near future that I could shoot.

I am headed up into those mountains this week because we'll be having fireworks! So I want to get a photo of the valley with fireworks going off on our holiday (Pioneer Day in Utah). We also have Fiesta Days in the town just next to use and I want to get some photos of those fireworks going as well. I also could be going up to our camping spot this weekend for some astrophotography shots this weekend.

All these factors weighed into me getting my tripod so soon after the last breaking. I was just excited for all the events in the near future that I could shoot.

Sounds like fun. I'd have to drive half a day down south to France to get that kind landscape, you live in an amazing place man, take advantage and do some timelapses too while your at it. Like where i live the light pollution is so bad that the sky is pitch black on a clear night:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have the want to do some timelapses. I love watching them on youtube and also love to edit in Adobe Premier and Audition. So I would be in my element and I love nightscapes (I'm a nightowl) so I'll be doing them soon!

I do have the want to do some timelapses. I love watching them on youtube and also love to edit in Adobe Premier and Audition. So I would be in my element and I love nightscapes (I'm a nightowl) so I'll be doing them soon!

For sure, get one of these and some AAA batteries and you're set: Amazon.com : Polaroid Shutter Release Timer Remote Control For Nikon D90, D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D7000, D7100, D600, D610, P7700, P7800 Digital SLR Cameras : Camera And Camcorder Remote Controls : Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That is a great idea, I was wondering how people were doing timelapses and was going to just press the shutter on my own haha. Now I know!

Edit: I have put it in my Amazon wishlist for next month when I have money! :p

Most reactions

Back