First Impression: Adobe Lightroom 1.0

boclcown

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I finally managed to get a hold of Adobe Lightroom, and I decided to write up a brief record of my first impression of the new RAW-processing software.

What really pops out most is Adobe's attention to detail. The entire interface seems to be reminiscent of Apature. It is composed mostly of black and grey colors, with very sleek menu's and elegant graphic designes here and there.

Essentially, Lightroom is a jazzed-up version of the RAW processing workflow that comes with CS2. It has all the basic adjustments - sharpness, contrast, brightness, saturation, levels, histogram, etc. - and some new ones such as fill light, recovery, and vibrance. The interface is a bit more user-friendly, but not all that different from CS2's RAW processor. One cool new feature of Lightroom is the ability to compare before and after versions of the same picture, allowing for a slightly better way to get a feel for the over-all effect of your changes.

Other than a very sleek re-design, some added features, and a better-organized photo-viewer, adobe LIghtroom is essntially a seperate version of CS2's RAW-processor for the general public.

Hope this kindof helps!

I have only used A.C.R. on CS...but I've found that it wasn't suited that well to editing multiple files. How is Lightroom for editing hundreds of images at once? I think that is really what this software is designed for.

the Luminous Landscape is offering a tutorial about Lightroom for $12

Lightroom Tutorial at LL

Their videos are usually great. This one is rolling out in installments. I can't imagine a better value for money, so I ordered it. I'm DLing the 1st installment now.

Only $12? That sound pretty good for a video tutorial from L.L. I would have though it would be much more expensive...like his regular videos.

Definitely let us know how it is.

Most reactions

Back