First in-motion picture.

reissigree

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first attempt at an "action" photo. I don't really know what to call it. Anyway, let me know what you think. I didn't like it much in color, but I'd be happy to post if you'd like to see it. CC Please!

DSC_0017 by reissigree, on Flickr

I like how there is a cast of shadow underneath the jumping kid on the left. Gives it depth and a bit of drama.

My concern about your image is that you have 2 separate "subjects" - the kid jumping on the left and the jumping kid with a blond girl on the center of the image. My eyes don't know which one to focus at.

Most of the time, a better photo would have just one focus/subject.

A better shot for this would have been just the kid on the left jumping at the same position (rule of thirds) but facing to the right instead of the left.

You could still have all 3 of them in the picture but they should be closer together so that they can be clasified as a group. Right now, they're 2 separate subjects for me.

Just my 2 cents :D

Last edited:
I woud have never seen that deep into it, but everything you said is true. Thanks so much! It's people like you that help people like me learn haha.

No problem. Glad to help :D

There's a lot of great people here willing to help and share their expertise.

Good luck with your next shoots.

Yup, I feel the leaping kid is much more dynamic and my eye keeps going back to him. Neat shot though.

What are they jumping on? It looks fun, and I want to jump on it too!

It's basically a huge in-ground jumping pillow haha. It's like 75 feet long. It was difficult to capture them running and jumping around everywhere lol. Thanks guys!

There is quite a lot of motion blur in that. You had full light of day and could have used any shutter speed. Either stop the motion or capture it, but in between just results in a soft or almost blurry image.

That does look incredibly fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back