First IR attempt

joyride

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cognizantcog.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally went out and got a hoya 72R. The shots that Mohain has been producing have just blown me away! I had to give it a go. I found it is harder than it looks! Anyway, let me know what ya think. I am going over to a church I have been dying to shoot finally.
Pond
water.jpg

Bridge
bridge.jpg

Reflection
reflection.jpg

Time to go out and shoot with the N70 I just got! Finally I can get rid of the Canon. (I'll take 60 plus shipping for it).

Wow... awesome shots. Really really like the second one. NIcely done.

sorry for being a nuscence, but could you tell me you're camera settings?

thanks for the comments! The filter is a screw on Hoya r72. I only paid about $30 for it, so even if it didnt turn out correctly, I wasnt out much money.
I took a lot of shots at differnt shutter speeds, and threw away a lot of shots. I am going to keep doing that until I get the hang of how time it is going to take.
EXIF data:
#1 Camera model: NIKON D50
Date/Time: 2005:06:26 22:52:02
Resolution: 600 x 407
Flash used: No
Focal length: 19.0mm (35mm equivalent: 28mm)
Exposure time: 1.000 s
Aperture: f/20.0
ISO equiv.: 200
Whitebalance: Manual
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: Manual

Focal length: 19.0mm (35mm equivalent: 28mm)
Exposure time: 2.500 s
Aperture: f/14.0

Focal length: 18.0mm (35mm equivalent: 27mm)
Exposure time: 0.125 s (1/8)
Aperture: f/3.5

awesome shots, !!! $30 for that filter?? how i wishy :? here in my country R72 cost over $125..

Awesome! I ordered one of those badboys 3 days ago for £32, can't wait for it to come! :)

Wow, lovely. I really like #2. So is there an infared setting you have to use with the filter? I shoot a Canon and it doesn't have one.:(

I basically just did what I heard on tpf. Before I shot, I set the white balance on the grass or a tree nearby. The only "mode" I set the camera on was M (there is no IR setting), and let it rip at different shutter speeds. The metering and focus is completely non-existant, so I just estimated and shot. These were shot with the D50 and the kit 18-55 lens.

Most reactions

Back