First landscape pictures

killerseaguls

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
12307370_10153408721058860_8395807265974943749_o.jpg

took this on top of a mountain near my house. super foggy day and black and white seemed to be the best fit for conditions. Let me know your thoughts.

The second one i was attempting to edit this. I was wondering, how do you edit this as an HDR of sorts???? again, super foggy and my rookie edit probably is below par. but great view
12304194_10153408720833860_998139288671899532_o.jpg

i could have cropped the top now that i see this in a large picture, but my rookie self did not do that

You already mentioned about cropping the first one, so I won't comment about that.

The saturation on the second one is over-done for my tastes. I also don't like the "HDR Look", so I hope you don't go that route. I would have cropped the bottom a bit because of the branches. You might look into a black and white there too.

You already mentioned about cropping the first one, so I won't comment about that.

The saturation on the second one is over-done for my tastes. I also don't like the "HDR Look", so I hope you don't go that route. I would have cropped the bottom a bit because of the branches. You might look into a black and white there too.
I like the HDR on some pictures but not all. I was just curious on how it's done as I was just playing with stuff. I agree on the black and white. The fog made it odd to really do much with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that a tower or antenna on the left side of the first one?

Pretty sure it's a radio antenna....or if I were to use my imagination, the tip of an underground laboratory the studies... Ninja squirrels

Pretty sure it's a radio antenna....or if I were to use my imagination, the tip of an underground laboratory the studies... Ninja squirrels

It would be easy to remove that in photoshop. I think I would...

It would be easy to remove that in photoshop. I think I would...

Probably, I have submerged myself in PP yet. I use NXd to just "play" with images. I don't want to focus on edits yet. My brain can only handle so much with a 2 month old right now haha.

What tower?
12307370_10153408721058860_8395807265974943749_o.jpg

My thoughts, huh?

The first one is not a pleasing composition. The distant view has nothing upon which to settle as the main point, and the near tree is too far to one side to be the subject. The near and far working together do not balance in a good way.

The second has too much uninteresting sky for the amount of ground in the frame. Once again, the foreground is not enough to balance with the distant view.

crop out the tree, leave in the tower.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back