First magazine publication for me :)

Reaction score
Website
www.joecoulsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am very proud to say that my first professional publication (a two page spread) will be in this October's Kitchen Trends magazine for the Atlanta and southeast market. Thanks to PJ for her help with this.

Diversified-20582-1_800x528.jpg

Very fine images! Way to go on the publication too - that's awesome! Curious to know what you shoot with, and the data from these shots. Also, how did you get contracted by the catalog company?

Shots were taken with Nikon D300 and Tokina 12-24 f4 lens. Lighting was done with two Hensel 500w/s monolights (softbox and transluscent umbrellas and an SB800 flash (sometimes variations of that lighting, for instance, only one monolight was used for the vertical image kitchen on page 2, mostly natural light coming from the right)

As far as data goes:

for shot one on the first page:
14mm
f10
2 sec exp
iso-200

horiz shot on page 2
16mm
f10
1.3 sec exp
iso-400

top small shot with flat screen:
12mm
f8
2 sec exp
iso-200

lower smaller picture:
14mm
f10
1.3 sec exp
iso-400

All shots were taken in Raw uncompressed NEF files
PP done in Capture NX
Uploaded to magazine in JPEG format at avg 5-8meg size

I work (as my main job, the one that pays most of the bills) as a kitchen salesman and managed to sell the company to hire me to shoot 10 kitchen installations for them. After starting this, they wanted to put an article in this magazine and used the images sold to them for this purpose. I would have charged more for this to happen but this was my first publication and I am just grateful to have my work in print.

Thanks for the comments Sydkid.

Thanks for the image data. I find it very useful as I am still learning. My husband is an appliance/electronics salesman, and he got excited about your images too. Keep up the good work!

Most reactions

Back