First Magazine Shoot C&C

Sweetneers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So, I was hired by a Project Runway alum to shoot some ads for her collections and events. In total we shot three ads for four magazines. I'm super happy about this opportunity, and I want to know how I did!

Uploading to Photobucket makes the photos a bit pixilated. They are not prior to upload.

Image 1:

This was shot with two strobes on either side of the model. This was actually the last shot, as the was stepping down. I purposely blew out parts of the dress, on request of the designer, to smooth the dress out a little. Also edited the models skin via tedious dodge and burn. Had to extend the wall to make room for the ad.

Finaledit_8125x10_zpse7a19ae4.jpg

Image 2:

Was shot with two strobes. One in front of the model to his left, another behind him to his right. Backdrop extended to make room for the ad. Skin and fabrics edited via dodge and burn.

0596Edits_zpse51713b9.jpg

Images 3:

Final image was shot with the same lighting from 3, adjusted for two models. Skin and fabrics edited via dodge and burn.

IMG_1137_rt_Finaledits_zpsa75c8655.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad at all. The lighting, while not dramatic, is good and shows the garments off to advantage. I think if I were you however, I would have discussed further the blowing out of the dress in #1; this is, IMO, a bad plan. You're going to lose detail in print, and this will mean even more loss. My suggestion would have been to fit the dress correctly (even if it meant using a whole bag of clothes-pins) and light for optimum exposure.

I think I agree with you. It probably wasn't one of my best ideas. We did try to clip it. I had to photoshop out like 7 clips down her side, haha!

These are great. The lighting is perfect and I really love that briday shot. Very clean look to your images.

Uploading to Photobucket makes the photos a bit pixilated. They are not prior to upload.

Stop using photobucket and use flickr then.

Most reactions

Back