First Maternity Shoot (pic heavy)

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Friends approached me to take their maternity shots, a first for me. Also got the chance to REALLY use my 24x36 softbox in a real situation besides shooting around the house, so this is a first also. Overall, I think this is the most happy I've been with a photoshoot. Things went smoothly, liked the poses, everyone around cooperated (lol)

This is more of a "show" thread, so that's why the heavy amount of photos, but feel free to CC any that you choose to. Oh and YES...I know I have the cliche "heart hands over belly" shots, but what the client wants, the client gets lol.

Camera: D90
Lens: Nikon 35mm 1.8
Flash: Nikon SB600
Gridded Softbox: 24x36

Untitled by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

Family Hands by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

1-2-3 by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

Family Street by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

Family by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

From Above by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

Big Sister! by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

Overall, I think this is a nice set and I like some of the poses & compositional ideas. A few minor (very minor) niggles...

1. Just a little 'flashed' looking.

3. Sorry, but the shutters here make it look like she's got giant radar antnnae for ears...

4. I really like this, just wish the elbow wasn't cropped.

5. Brilliant!

10. Sis seems just ever-so-slightly soft to me...

These are nice. The lighting in 5 really works.
I'll never understand why people want these photos done, but that's a topic for another thread. ;)

Love number #5
Love number 7, wish you would have given some space above dad's head
Love #9
Great set!

Very nice..I like that theres lots of variation. 6 n 9 are my favorites.

Wow, thanks for all the kind comments and critiques, especially for it being a first in this 'field' of photography.

Of course there are some things I wish I would have done better (aka, more head room for dad in that shot), but overall, I've been very pleased with the way they came out. The "clients" also seemed very satisfied with the outcome also. I'm just glad we got such a variety of shots in a little under an hour :)

Well done
I did not find many targets for critique, perhaps the tree on the last image looks a bit bulky...

Fantastic shots i was totally mesmerized by your Flickr page Especially the symmetrical purple lights under that monument looking place absolutely fantastic. I will use your ideas as direction you kinda know how to take good pictures what ever they are.

Fantastic shots i was totally mesmerized by your Flickr page Especially the symmetrical purple lights under that monument looking place absolutely fantastic. I will use your ideas as direction you kinda know how to take good pictures what ever they are.

Wow, thanks!

Most reactions

Back