First Military Wedding...Great Details: Joel & Tifanie

TheoGraphics

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.theo-graphics.com
A recent military wedding I shot. The groom and groomsmen represented nearly every branch of the military! Their uniforms made the traditional tux look pretty sad, haha. You can read more and see more photos on my blog!

CC is always welcomed!

Church1-XL.jpg

walkway-XL.jpg

Groom-XL.jpg

Groom1-XL.jpg

Groom2-XL.jpg

Details-XL.jpg

Groom-Groomsmen.jpg

Kiss1-XL.jpg

aisle-XL.jpg

walking-XL.jpg

Bride-XL.jpg

Dip-New-BG-XL.jpg

Table-Details-XL.jpg

Rings-XL.jpg

dancing-XL.jpg

reception-XL.jpg

exit-XL.jpg

In-Limo-L.jpg

Last edited:
Great series! :)

But ...

A recent military wedding I shot. The groom and groomsmen represented nearly every branch of the military! Their uniforms made the traditional tux look pretty sad, haha. [...]
Groom-Groomsmen.jpg

... but is it just me? Or do the four gentlemen in black look rather odd? To me it seems they all wear the wrong sizes and wrong cut (for their body shapes) dinner suits?

But ...

A recent military wedding I shot. The groom and groomsmen represented nearly every branch of the military! Their uniforms made the traditional tux look pretty sad, haha. [...]
Groom-Groomsmen.jpg

... but is it just me? Or do the four gentlemen in black look rather odd? To me it seems they all wear the wrong sizes and wrong cut (for their body shapes) dinner suits?

They look odd to me too. And you were right Theo, these guys look sharp in their uniforms. I have seen military weddings before but this is pretty classy. The bride looks gorgeous. Im sure she is very happy. One suggestion on the uniform triptych, you should have got a close up of the marine pin on his collar. The main shot and the bottom right look too similar. Try to really mix it up more on a triptych.

Really nice pictures.

For those interested, the Army guy wearing the Stetson hat is probably a Cavalry Scout - a job title that requires a very rigorous physical and mental prep. Their role is essentially 'scouting', gathering information and sometimes engagement with enemy forward elements. Sort of a semi-cross between Army Rangers and Recon Marines only they function within larger units.
Think John Ford movies, cavalry scout, horses, blue uniforms, sabers - and then think of the modern equivalent.

Really nice pictures.For those interested, the Army guy wearing the Stetson hat is probably a Cavalry Scout - a job title that requires a very rigorous physical and mental prep. Their role is essentially 'scouting', gathering information and sometimes engagement with enemy forward elements. Sort of a semi-cross between Army Rangers and Recon Marines only they function within larger units.Think John Ford movies, cavalry scout, horses, blue uniforms, sabers - and then think of the modern equivalent.
Thanks for the interesting extra info! Used to be Recon/Scout too ... different continent and different army though ;)

But ...

Groom-Groomsmen.jpg

They look odd to me too. And you were right Theo, these guys look sharp in their uniforms. I have seen military weddings before but this is pretty classy. The bride looks gorgeous. Im sure she is very happy. One suggestion on the uniform triptych, you should have got a close up of the marine pin on his collar. The main shot and the bottom right look too similar. Try to really mix it up more on a triptych.

Thanks very much! I believe I have a few shots which focus on the triptych, I'll have to sub those in. Thanks for the CC!

Really nice pictures.

For those interested, the Army guy wearing the Stetson hat is probably a Cavalry Scout - a job title that requires a very rigorous physical and mental prep. Their role is essentially 'scouting', gathering information and sometimes engagement with enemy forward elements. Sort of a semi-cross between Army Rangers and Recon Marines only they function within larger units.
Think John Ford movies, cavalry scout, horses, blue uniforms, sabers - and then think of the modern equivalent.

Great information! Thanks for sharing it.

that last shot is absolutely phenomenal........may as well be from a fashion magazine.....nicely done

that last shot is absolutely phenomenal........may as well be from a fashion magazine.....nicely done

thank you! i got lucky on that one...the videographer's video light hit them perfectly just as my flash was recycling and not firing. it came out great, except for the awful white balance. converted to B&W, and problem solved!

Hold on, is that a Texas Tech cake? Yyyyyyeaaahhhh wreck 'em Tech (I'm a student). :D

And nice shots. I really like the one where he's dipping her.

Good shooting. Nice set all the way around.

Most reactions

Back