first model-like shot

MuffinJuice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
gras.org
I'm not too much of a photographer of people, and it shows by my blurry shot.

for some reason, this shot because of the blurry factor stuck out to me

could i have some feedback. do you guys feel a crisper shot would be better, or should i be happy with this one.

33964%3B4723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D367%3D759%3DXROQDF%3E2323476574%3B69ot1lsi

of all the photos i've taken, this is my favorite. this girl's my hero

I think in this shot the fuzzy look is great. It really adds to the pic, how shes all cozy and warm, the fuzzyness makes me feel that better.

hey there mate,

nice work, I generally think that some blurriness is good for portraits, it makes the skin softer and feels 'warm & cozy' like pilgrim said. I think it just a tad bit too blurry, It looks like either she moved or you slightly shook the camera (by looking at her earring). Anyways, that not to say I don't like it!

You were able to capture a moment, and hey, isn't that what photography is about? Her eyes speak a thousands words here . I do really like this photograph, you should see if you can her to do some more modeling for you.

cheers and thanks for sharing :)

She's beautiful and captivating. When that comes across I think technical aspects are set aside. I like it for what it's worth.

great composition you got there, but i think its a little blurry and a little too dark .... a longer shutter speed and/or more light could benefit. a little window light could do the trick :D

I believe this shot is too blurry and dark. It capture the subject nicely and as mentioned above captures the moment very well. Portrait shots are typically softer in nature but not blurry and dark.

PLease don't confure soft with blurry.

thanks guys, for the comments

any suggestions to get a softer image w/o being blurry. i dont think i could ever get an exactly similar chance, but theres always a different one.

the blurry was cuz i moved the camera

MuffinJuice said:
any suggestions to get a softer image w/o being blurry. i dont think i could ever get an exactly similar chance, but theres always a different one.
What I do to get a soft focus is create a duplicate layer in photoshop and gaussian blur it. Then set the opacity to about 20%

another cheap soloution is to get a pair of panty hose and stretch them over the lens. It replicates the effect a soft filter.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't have the income for Photoshop, not for a while. I'm saving up to buy her (see picture above) a ring. thanks for the idea.

oh the things u can do with pantyhose.

goood work muffin, she is a very pretty subject.

md

If you can't afford photoshop and are looking for another quality photo editor you may want to try out a program called "the gimp" Its an open source photo editor so its free. I use it and it's pretty good. Not too familiar w/ it tho. The website for the program is www.gimp.org. The windows version is available at http://wwwgimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/. Good luck if you decide to go that way.

Most reactions

Back