TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.snazzyshutter.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$_MG_8660-1.jpg

First model shoot CC's are welcome.

Pretty lady but completely overwhelmed by the sunlight, flare, and the tree limb growing out of her head. Tone the whites down a lot and you might have something. I'm not a big fan of that overexposed / low contrast look but a lot of people seem to like it these days.

I wish I could offer some technical critique but I am not there yet. However I really like the shot. Maybe a little different position so the tree limb is not coming out of her head towards the right.

Your model is gorgeous and has fantastic eyes. I think a close up with her eyes as the focal point could result in a fantastic portrait!

I'm actually a huge fan of lens flares, however I feel like this one may be a photoshop add-in am I right? If it is though, you've placed it very well and it does look natural. I'm not bothered by the tree limb or background at all. I think it gives it a nice organic feel. I LOVE the greens and colour in this photo.

Again, wht Scott said^^!

I will add that she looks plastic... skin is either way processed, or too much makeup.

I'm actually a huge fan of lens flares, however I feel like this one may be a photoshop add-in am I right? If it is though, you've placed it very well and it does look natural. I'm not bothered by the tree limb or background at all. I think it gives it a nice organic feel. I LOVE the greens and colour in this photo.

I take that to mean that you have never studied the classic rules / guidelines of portraiture or composition, and probably have no formal education in photography?

I take that to mean that you have never studied the classic rules / guidelines of portraiture or composition, and probably have no formal education in photography?

I say what I see.
Photography is a form of art, and art is subject to opinion.
There's also no need to have an attitude of superiority around here, we're all either here to learn more or help others learn.

I had to add some lens flare but I can take it back some, however there was lens flare present in the unprocessed image it just did not look right and I was trying to cover it up. She did have a little too much makeup on giving her that flat look. Since I just met her about 10 min prior and on location didn't have a chance to have her change it. I have some others that I am going to put up of here which are much better (in my opinion.

I had to add some lens flare but I can take it back some, however there was lens flare present in the unprocessed image it just did not look right and I was trying to cover it up. She did have a little too much makeup on giving her that flat look. Since I just met her about 10 min prior and on location didn't have a chance to have her change it. I have some others that I am going to put up of here which are much better (in my opinion.

I personally think the lens flare works. :) Gives life and energy to the photo.

Not a fan of the flare or the composition. If you're going to put her directly in front of a tree limb, you really need to create some separation using off camera lighting, or at least a reflector.

Not bad at all for a first shoot though.

I don't care for flare unless there's a good reason for it. I do like the general concept, with the plants all around, with her sort of rising out of them, but it's hard to really look at it with the blinding bright spot.
Maybe a different angle would resolve the head-tree and tone down the glare at the same time. If you could talk her into a reshoot, definitely ask about the makeup ... IMO natural setting pretty much demands a more natural look for the person, so they match their surroundings.

Also, the lines from the tree branches direct the eyes to the face, which is never a bad thing.

$_MG_8660.jpg
I can't do anything about the trees, however I can get rid of the flare and get drop the highlights and whites to get rid of the minor flare that was there....any better?

For me, YES, loads better. Doesn't hurt to look at, now. Definitely changes the mood, though, so that could outweigh anything else, depending on what you wanted from it.

Most reactions

Back