First Model Shoot . . . EVER

NayLoMo6C

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I met up with my friends over the weekend and decided to do a model shoot. I have never done an actual model shoot before, nor have the two girls ever posed as models in the past. It was actually quite fun though

IMG_7876.jpg

IMG_7889.jpg

IMG_7727.jpg

IMG_7745.jpg

IMG_7964.jpg

:angel:anyone with suggestions, remarks, or complaints?

#1, the face is soft but her elbow is sharp :)
#2 I dont like the pose
#3 bad placement of the sun
#4 Perfect placement of the sun and choice of background. You should have metered it to her skin. It is underexposed. Since you picked the perfect background this photo would have been perfect because the background is dark and would not be blown if you exposed it to her skin. Additional lighting would have helped too (flash or reflector).

thanks schwetty

yeah i need to start paying attention to focusing more, perhaps next time i should raise my aperture up a bit. i'll try and brush up the last one to bring more light onto her face and upper torso and see what happens.

UPDATE: fixed the last one

Last edited:
darrenP said:
Agree with schwettylens with regards to bad placement of the sun. Lighting is very important in photos. For the last photo, her face is lit up but her body is dark.

Thnx for your feedback. I'll definetly try to use a proper reflector next time and pay more attention to lighting.

i dont think the models feel comfortable. it doesnt look natural

costumes were their choice. In fact, this whole shoot was sort of a last minute thing on my part, because my friend wanted me to join in on what was supposed to be HIS photoshoot. All i really did was tag along

myjestik said:
i dont think the models feel comfortable. it doesnt look natural

you really feel as if they don't appear comfortable at all in any of these? I actually kind of like #5 and i feel like she does look "natural" in it... idk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back