First Model Shoot...

TheBoombaGnome

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend of mine from school does some freelance modeling and stuff, and we were talking about getting together. Well, we're both on Christmas vacation, so we decided to finally do it. I have never done a real shoot with a model (just modeling, not like a band or something), so this was a new experience for me. Marcie did a great job, and luckily she knew exactly what she was doing, and was able to give me some ideas as well...here are a few of my favorite shots. C&C would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: I am aware that some of them are over-contrasted or really soft. I did the contrast in PP on purpose - I thought it helped the shot.

1.)
5307471819_6f1e27e8a3_z.jpg

2.)
5307476861_61fdb35296_z.jpg

3.)
5307483859_d171785216_z.jpg

4.)
5307490237_9cdee3720f_z.jpg

The rest of the shots from the shoot can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theboombagnome/sets/72157625709816654/with/5307490237/

I like these. Exposure wise they look a little under exposed, nothing that pp couldnt fix.

1. I would like to see more of her and less background.
2. Headshot!!! Wish this was framed just on her face.
3. Right shoulder bring chopped off kinda ruins the shot for me.
4. The angle is too extreme. From the camera's perspective if it was looking up at her that would be sweet. Instead of you taking the photo at her shoulder level shoot from her knees up.

Not bad though!

1. Crop/framing issue
2. Crop/framing issue
3. Crop/framing issue
4. Crop/framing issue
I like the focus and skin tones. Wife wouyld love the platforms and BRRRRRRR it looks cold.
Portraits should be close and simple unless the background makes the shot and it doesnt in 1,2,4. Keep working at it, you got a good model there.
I believe she would like them but continue to work on it.:thumbup:

Thanks guys!! I totally understand what you mean on those for sure... definitely gonna keep that in mind :)

vtf - it was actually almost 40 here today. It was unfortunate though, we had freezing rain/rain all morning, so the beautiful unturned snow we had turned to nasty unturned slush :-(

Thanks guys!! I totally understand what you mean on those for sure... definitely gonna keep that in mind :)

vtf - it was actually almost 40 here today. It was unfortunate though, we had freezing rain/rain all morning, so the beautiful unturned snow we had turned to nasty unturned slush :-(

More reason to watch the back ground.
We had 66 degrees today, by midnight tomorrow it will be 0 degrees windchill to bring in the New Year. :lol:

We had 66 degrees today, by midnight tomorrow it will be 0 degrees windchill to bring in the New Year. :lol:

Wow...i guess you guys go big or go home with the weather, eh? lol:lmao:

it was the same here around Milwaukee WI

Wow...i guess you guys go big or go home with the weather, eh? lol:lmao:

Should be coming your way.

Looks like a cold, winter, gray day. You could try dialing in a warming filter on the color pics.

Most reactions

Back