First Model Shots

Photoboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.clmcreative.com
Okay, so an actress friend of ours (who is currently has a reoccurring role on a WB series) asked me to take some headshots for her portfolio. This is my first attempt to create dramatic "model-type" photos.

What do you folks think?

ModelImage3.jpg

And:
ModelImage6.jpg

I appreciate any feedback.

I like the second shot, while it looks slightly over exposed I think it has a good softening effect. I'm not so sure about the first but i can't seem to decide what it is i'm not sure about.

I think the first one needs to be cropped down a bit from the top... but like Scurra I'm not sure. I like it, but something just ain't quite right.

The second is too over-exposed for me although I can see the kinda golden softness Scurra mentions as well.

If you have photoshop, try mucking with them a bit. They are good shots that could be made great shots.

I agree about the pictures. IMO, the first one looks entirely too set up and fake by the expression on her face. Maybe that's what isn't quite right.

The second one, I think is fantastic. It is a bit over exposed but in this picture just works for me. It gives her an almost angelic appearence. It also draws you directly to her eye. You can see her smile in her eye (if you know what I mean). I also like the composition of that picture.

All in all, great work for your first model shoot. We look forward to seeing more of your work.

i'd like to see more eye focus on the second one. a crisp, clear eye is what that one needs to really pop.

Most reactions

Back