First Model-Type Shoot & Randoms C&C Please!

Thru_These_Eyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't been here in awhile, but I am back with some work that probably needs to be critiqued badly. The ones of the girl, were taken in a homemade studio like setting...Once I learn photoshop better, I will be trying to eliminate the wrinkles of the backdrop. I did the best I could with an iron and a 2 hour time limit. =) The ones of the guy are my boyfriend who probably HATES dating an amateur photographer, but he has an interesting face that I love to photograph. And the rest are just a couple random shots I have done lately and the last one is from summer I forgot about. Thanks ahead of time for comments and critiques!

1:
IMG_2532.jpg

2:
IMG_2533.jpg

3:
IMG_2530.jpg

4:
IMG_2527.jpg

5:
IMG_2515.jpg

6:
IMG_2509.jpg

7:
IMG_2490.jpg

8:
IMG_2489.jpg

9:
IMG_2485.jpg

10:
IMG_2481.jpg

11:
IMG_2479.jpg

12:
IMG_2472.jpg

13:
IMG_2471.jpg

14:
IMG_2440.jpg

15:
IMG_2436.jpg

16:
IMG_2429.jpg

17:
IMG_2390.jpg

18:
IMG_2379.jpg

I know its a lot, but its my most recent work...hoping to have something good enough to put in my portfolio...looking to apply to the Art Institute of Chicago.

Great pics.

The girl is beautiful. That first shot makes her look like a professional model. :)

Some of those are a bit too soft. But I imagine you know that. Not soft as in out of focus (although a few didn't quite nail it), just that there is a general softness to the image.

What kind of lighting setup did we have in the studio?

#12 confuses the heck out of me... it looks so bad quality wise compared to the rest of the shots... what did you do to it? it looks like a poor cut out job in photoshop...

I noticed the same thing. It looked to me as if it was taken with a camera phone.

phew, glad i'm not the only one.. i thought i might have been going crazy

by the way.. to the OP... way to many images... i'm glad you took the time to number them, but you'll get more comments if you only post 2 or 3 pictures

I noticed the same thing. It looked to me as if it was taken with a camera phone.

I didn't mean to put that one up! I am not good @ PS AT ALL and I think I may have clicked Sharpen 2-3 too many times ha!

Sorry it was so many posts, I didn't know if it would help to do a couple different threads or what so I just decided SCREW IT and see what happens. =)

For Christmas my parents got me a light set-up from some photography equipment site. It came with two stands and two bulbs (which burned out after 20 mins) but neither the box nor the bulbs said what wattage they were. I only had one light to the left going at once and at a 45 degree angle plus a silver reflector to act as a fill on the right side. Glad some of these got a good review...I was a little worried. Thanks!

I am a noob, but i have to say i like them. Number 1 and 3 are great. Very professional looking. Thanks for sharing. signed Randall

Most reactions

Back